So much going on! Every week gets busier than the last as we creep closer to spring. Here’s what I’ve been up to lately…
I ordered a bunch of colored tights from We Love Colors, and I’m totally obsessed. It’s going to be hard not to collect ’em all.
Fabric shopping for Senior collection with Sab: a wild goose chase of aesthetic second-guessing. I ended up buying yardage for two garments of my first look.
So the climactic week-and-some-days celebration of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is approaching completion. For me the most thrilling moments were at the Milly show, which I’ve been working on!
Preparation at Milly was busy but never frantic thanks to a team who have it down to a science. Beholding the work of the stylist, Aleksandra Woroniecka, really made me understand the way a vision-made-tangible can be worked into a series of fashion-forward equations that looks fierce as hell on the runway.
Tons of fun pics below!
5 things on my mind right now:
1. Can’t stop listening to Beirut.
2. I have way too much reading to do for Asian Philosophy.
3. There’s a Diesel party tomorrow night – go? Resist?
4. The Milly fashion show is on Wednesday!
5. I hope the wish I made at the Spandex House monkey shrine comes true.
I spent last Friday night with Zooey at Mehanata. We can’t get enough of this crazy place.
Last night I went to Kenka—a rad Japanese spot in the East Village—with my roommates. Vintage eroticism and cheap, cheap eats. Can’t go wrong there, right?
Ready to spend Valentines Day with the one you adore? ❤ I had a little pre-v-day get together with one of my BFFs, Hannah. She brought me candy and Japanese fashion mags—both of which are my in my top 5 favorite things in the world.
Shel’tter is the umbrella group under which a plethora of incredibly cute/chic/fabulous Japanese fashion labels operate.
❤ Good ideas for Valentines Day:
– Fake sparkly heart tattoos (more than two is really weird, avoid that).
– V-day after party: Love Jam @ Happy Ending this Sunday night.
– Double dates! Just don’t fall for your girl’s man or your man’s girl or your girl’s girl.
– Obnoxious costume jewelry, paired with a simple chic dress.
– Lanvin’s Rumeur 2 Rose. Flawless Valentines Scent.
– Sending flowers to mom/dad/grandma/etc.
❤ Bad ideas for Valentines Day:
– Any real tattoo involving your boyfriend/girlfriend’s name, star sign, etc.
– Too much hairspray/perfume/airborne things that can cause gagging.
– Text msg marriage proposals.
– Traffic jam date in the Holland Tunnel.
– Girls night out with a bunch of bitter man haters. Avoid!
– Ex girlfriends popping up outta nowhere with brass knuckles. Bring your running shoes.