d.band Press Preview & 5 Outfits For NYFW
Long day! Slept in, stopped by the IFB Conference and met some cool cats, nearly missed the WGACA show but caught the final run, and now I’m in a cafe killing time before a dinner with my bebe and his master chef comrade. And in the spirit of the spring shows, it rained on and off all day.
Last night we went to the d.brand press preview for their NY launch at their shimmering new showroom (gorgeous space on 7th ave), and said hi to our brothas Per and Folke. The line is a super wearable, comfortable, chic take on streetwear with an emphasis on denim. Full report coming soon on Denim Therapy.
Got a quick interview in with Bobby—he’s the owner of Gunbar, who has partnered with d.brand for cross-promotional events and otherwise stylish nightlife endeavors. We’ll be toasting to the launch of the line there on Friday! Look for the interview on DT as well, sometime this week.
d.brand familia! ♡
And finally, from my latest DT feature, five outfits to wear to NYFW…
1. Redherring Blue tie front denim shirt ($31.50) – buy it at Debenhams.
2. Sandro Jarod pleated chiffon maxi skirt ($335) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Claude’ Statement Necklace ($258) – buy it at Nordstrom.
4. Jessica Simpson PAI Cloudy Grey Sandal heels ($99) – buy it at Heels.com.
1. Kate Spade New York ‘Pearl Street’ torsade statement necklace ($448) – buy it at Nordstrom.
2. Mallory light-wash cuffed cut-off shorts ($14.99 on sale) – buy it at Delia*s.
3. H&M Oversize fine knit sweater ($21) – buy it at H&M.
4. Karen Walker Eyerwear ‘Bunny’ sunglasses ($210) – buy it at La Garconne.
5. MICHAEL by Michael Kors Woodley Combat Boots ($245) – buy it at Neiman Marcus.
1. CALYPSO St. Barth Sienna Tassel Vest ($695) – buy it at Calypso.
2. T by Alexander Wang washed CDC shirt ($210) – buy it at La Garconne.
3. Forever 21 Ethnic Stretchy Bracelet ($8.80) – buy it at Forever 21.
4. Jeffrey Campbell cosmit ‘Lita’ platform shoes ($159) – buy it at Sole Struck.
5. Sandro Pop high-rise wide-leg jeans ($300) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
1. Kenneth Cole New York “Urban Multi” Lime Linear Earring ($30) – buy it at Endless.
2. Etoile Isabel Marant Qimi cotton-chambray shirt dress ($405) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. Matthew Williamson nude & orange dip dye silk scarf ($406) – buy it at Joseph M.
4. Ego and Greed POLAND Neon yellow platform shoes ($114.95) – buy it at Sole Struck.
5. Banana Republic Madison leather satchel ($250) – buy it at Banana Republic.
1. STELLA MCCARTNEY Printed cropped denim jacket ($322.25) – buy it at The Outnet.
2. M by Missoni Wide-leg wool-blend pants ($625) – buy it at Net A Porter.
3. Sam & Lavi Kelsie Sheer Tank ($60) buy it at American Rag.
4. K. Jacques pour Opening Ceremony corvette 2-strap flats ($270) – buy it at Opening Ceremony.
5. Dorothy Perkins Mustard short plastic collar ($14) – buy it at Dorothy Perkins.
Ciao for now!