With Halloween and Dia de los Muertos coming up, you may have found yourself scouring Etsy at odd hours of the night for quirky, colorful skull and/or flower jewelry to adorn yourself with! Oh, is that just me?
Either way, I know you guys will love this intense shop called Polished, featuring saturated Mexican folk art themed jewelry at very budget-friendly prices. These pieces are perfect for anyone who believes fashion should be fun, festive, and even a little sentimental. Some of my favorite pieces are below.
Seriously, I’m in love. And there are plenty more where that came from! Check out Polished and let me know what you think.
Missguided‘s new campaign for AW13 features total stunner Anja K—a model whose gaze can intimidate even through the screen. She lounges around an antiquated house looking like a vampire queen in draped knit dresses, spiked accessories, velvet dresses and lots of lace. I can’t help but feel this shoot is flawless inspiration for a Halloween prowl.
Inspired? Shop Missguided and score free shipping on orders to the US for a limited time…
Have a killer week!
Getting in the mood for autumn with cozy knits, pastel earth tones, floral prints and romantic style lines. October’s aura is one of sentimental magic, cosmic creativity, and sultry stillness. Did I mention that October is the best month of the entire year? Here are a few of my favorite images of late, to get you in the mood too…
Faaaalling in love.
…And guess who’ll be sewing for the next 48 hours!
One of the coolest evenings of my summer was spent in Barranco, Lima at MATE: Asociación Mario Testino—a museum showcasing the infamous photog’s native land through his own hyper-creative, adoring lens.
We browsed the Alta Moda exhibit: room after room of massive mounted photos featuring the celebratory and ceremonial garments of Cusco. The larger-than-life images allowed up-close appreciation of the intricate embroideries and brilliant details.
The final room of the exhibit featured a selection of dresses from Christina Dior Couture Fall 2005, designed by John Galliano. Seeing them up-close—the technique and the fabrication—was an amazing experience.
I’ve only seen Dior gowns up-close once before, at the FIT museum (actually, in 2005). See photos of the dresses on the runway.
Watch the video that was playing in the museum below. It gave me goosebumps!
Finally, I wanted to share my favorite pieces from the Mario Testino for Mate collection on Net-A-Porter. I love this modern interpretation of bold Peruvian identity. I’d love to see Testino do something like this for different regions of Peru. There’s an endless amount of inspiration to be had! Stop rolling your eyes. You guys know I’m totally sold on this country. ;}
After browsing the gift shop, we still had some time to lounge under the giant MATE logo in the courtyard.
…and we couldn’t leave without being seduced by the warm interior of Café Mate for a few coca sours on our way out! I’d like more of my museum experiences to end with charming cafes, pisco, and the radiant excitement of having seen Dior gowns up-close.
I guess I can make a few of those things happen.
Feeling grateful this Monday for another feature on IFB‘s Links à la Mode—this time for my post about Love To Talk NYC! Click through to view some of the other featured blogs from last week. Did you check out the Love To Talk blog, by the way? They’ve been posting nail art tutorials, tips on wearing brooches, and plenty more fun fall content for you to sink your teeth into.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
- Beauty Tidbits: 7 Easy Ways to Fix Sun Damaged Skin & Hair
- Breakfast at Cindi’s: Cute Kids Take Over The NYFW Front Row
- Confessions of a Style Cookie: London Fashion Week : Mulberry VS Topshop Unique
- Corals and Cognacs: Target Does It Again: 8 Affordable Faux-Leather Finds
- Hey Mischka: A Q&A With NYC’s Freshest E-Boutique
- Highland Fashionista: Shop Like A Teenager
- Hot Beauty Health: Fall Fashion Survival Guide
- Inspirations and Celebrations: Fall Fashion Trend Dark Florals
- Kiri Yanchenko: We Heart Burberry
- Le Style Connoisseur: The September Issues
- Mules and Manolos: Testing the Best Sites to Consign or Sell Clothes
- Nothing to Wear Novello: The Big Hair Cut: Why Women Fear Cutting Their Hair
- Runway to Style: An Approach to Minimal Femininity at Spring 2014 Shows
- See Lark: Phillip Lim for Target: The Aftermath
- Stilettos and Tequilla: 23 Quotes By Stephen King To Help You Become A Better Writer
- Style Through Her Eyes; 3 Ways To Be A Better Customer
- Style With Friends: Bow Bun Hair Tutorial
- Stylish Butterfly: Tips for picking tops that are trend-proof
- The Curvy Elle: Pop-Up Shop Observations
- The Lifestyle Project: An Ode to Quitting
Heads up, holiday shoppers! The Greenpointers Fall Market is coming to town on October 12th, from 12PM – 6PM on the beautiful grounds of From The Source. I’ll have a table for a Bombay Mermaid Trading Co., with a plethora of beautiful bohemian gems to share—jewelry, clothing, and gifts. Maybe even a few finishing touches for your Halloween costume!
They’ll have a photo booth, craft table, beer from Brooklyn Brewery, hot drinks and refreshments. Come out and play!